I’m back with a recipe that I’m in love with. I like these cookies. They’re simple. They’re full of chocolate chips instead of raisins, but have oats which make them “healthy” (*wink wink* I can eat as much as I want.) This recipe is quick, easy and fun. I still remember the first time I attempted to make cookies, it turned out so bad, they were all burnt and hard as a rock. Then I found a bunch of recipe on Pinterest, I combined a few recipe and made my very own recipe.
What you will need:
3 cups of Quick-cook Oats
1 1/2 cups All purpose flour/ self raising
1 tsp Baking soda (ignore this ingredient if you use self- raising flour )
3/4 cup of Brown Sugar
3/4 cup of White Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 cup of melted butter (unsalted)
Chocolate Chip (Use as much as you want)
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC
2. Melt the butter, and beat in the sugar until fully mixed together.
3. Carefully add in the egg and vanilla until just mixed, make sure not to overbeat.
4. Add in the flour and mix together until fully incorporated
(but try not to over mix to make sure they stay light and fluffy!)
5. Add the oatmeal, in small quantity and mix.
(At this point if you are using an electric mixer, it will slow down the machine and if you are using your hands, then you will get a good workout.)
6.Stir in the chocolate chips (the fun part) and again try not to mix too much
7. Using spoons, form small balls and pop onto a lined baking tray leaving a bit of
space for the cookies to spread out.
8.Pop them into the oven and bake at 180oC for 9 – 11 minutes, until the cookies are
lightly golden brown. Slide them onto a rack for them to cool, if you can wait this
Let me know if you bake them, I promise you will not regret it!